LoJack instead of theft Insurance ?

Lojack - anyone tried this?

it's pricey, around $700 [one time fee only], but if you keep your cars 10+ years, like me, it may have some value. They claim a 90% recovery rate.

I'm considering a 2014 Avalon, after the 2015's come out [for a discount]. I believe they have a built in alarm system. Coupled with a Lojack system, I should be reasonably protected, right? I could forego the theft insurance.

The Avalon doesn't appear to be a high theft auto, like the Camry, etc

marc

Reply to
marc

Theft insurance is a small fraction of your insurance premium. Don't be so cheap!

Reply to
Sharxster

If you owned a Porsche or Ferrari, sure. Otherwise, pointless to get Lojack.

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP)