1994 Toyota Corolla Speedometer Problem

One would expect that you would be driving the car, not a mechanical speedometer. That's OK we understand you are easily confuse by even the most minor technical terms.. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It is sad that a smart man like you can tell a joke when you see one.

The ;-) should have been a hint to you.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Here is the latest scoop.

Sometimes it works fine when I start my car and drive for a few miles. Other times after I start the car it just always stays at 0 mph. Some people have been saying to lube the cable. However, I don't know exactly where it's at. Please let me know so that I can try it out.

Thank to everyone for your help.

Reply to
John

One end is behind the Inst. Cluster, and the other is attached to the tranny. Removing from the tranny and spraying *UP* might be difficult, unless you can free enough of it to get it above the level of the dash.

Removing the dash makes it easy to spray lubricant downward, but is a PITA...

I would try from the tranny first, and while I was at it check the Teflon gears that drive the cable, too...

Reply to
Hachiroku