1994 Toyota P/U Shocks

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how easy it would be for me to change the shocks on my 1994 Toyota P/U? I am not extremely mechanical, but can do basic tire change, oil changes, etc. I have a jack, lots of basic tools, but nothing fancy. Is this something I can do, or should I leave it to the pros on this one?

Thanks,

JAC

Reply to
JAC

The rears are easy. Jack the thing up and put it on stands, unbolt the old ones and bolt in the new ones.

The fronts are McPhearson struts. If you're not to familiar with spinning a wrench. have these done. They are failry simple, but you have to compress the coil spring. I've seen a spring compressor go through a block wall...

If you have the RIGHT tool ($300 or so) it doesn't do that, but I'm betting you don't have one...

Reply to
Hachiroku