2006 Honda CRV Brake Pads

Hello,

My wife has a 2006 Honda CRV that needs some new brake pads. Are these fairly easy to change without needing any special tools or expertise? I have had some cars in the past that were very easy, while others needed special tools. I am not all that mechanical but can do basic things. Can I pull this one off myself?

Thanks,

JAC

Reply to
JAC

Thank you very much. I will take a look at them tomorrow afternoon.

JAC

Reply to
JAC

----------------------------

There's a big problem with that method. BOTH of the slider pins need to be examined and lubed as needed. They are the single most common cause of screwed up brakes on current Hondas.

Tegger explained it just a few weeks ago. I've run into it on three of the Hondas I've owned. The rotors weren't yet damaged, but the pads were wearing way faster on one side than the other because the pins were starting to sieze. Use google groups and search for the term 'siezed sliders'.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

motsco_ wrote in news:13lcdnh54lie357 @corp.supernews.com:

Using the spelling "seized" may get better results...

Reply to
Tegger

And to think, I already _corrected_ the spelling because it didn't match 'the rule'. :-(

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_