1995 Corolla Questions

Question One: Thought the clutch was slipping (noticed this twice). Nothing unusual now for a week. Could this still be a bad clutch?; In other words, will this happen slowly (slipping) over time? Or will a clutch just begin slipping and then the whole process goes quickly, which means replacing with a new clutch almost right away?

Question two: 154,00 miles: So could I use, say, STP oil treatment? Now I know Toyota doesn't recommend this. But, could STP oil treatment

really hurt the car? Couldn't it help to maintain good lubrication. What really could be the danger? I would add it at every new oil change.

Reply to
I_Google_I

Yes, the clutch could be worn or bad. If it is worn, it will get worse until the slipping is very noticeable.

Pass on the oil treatment and use good quality motor oil instead. A good quality motor oil has all the additives the engine needs.

Reply to
Ray O

.Pass on the oil treatment and use good quality motor oil instead. A good

Reply to
I_Google_I

If you are using Mobil One, I definitely would not add STP or any other oil additives.

Using an additive with Mobil One is like putting ketchup on sushi or chateaubriand. Even though it won't hurt anything, why would you want to?

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
I_Google_I