Piston Lubrication Questions

Engine Techs: Piston lube questions Toyota engines 3.4 v6 & 2.4. Request a definitive description of how pistons are lubricated ? Splash or pressure etc. etc. Or what ? Newsgroup has many articles on high idle at startup or engine flare & complaints on this. Question then becomes about proper lube of piston rings to insure longevity etc. Possible scenarios I see are 1.Residual oil film then splash after pressurization. 2.Residual oil film then pressurized splash. How are pistons & rings lubricated in actuality? Ran a search on this & still don't understand fully lubing at startup & oil flow to pistons etc. Knowledgeable engine guru"s please explain in simple laymens terms. Owners manual states not to race engine at startup & let oil pressure rise then go & don't stress till warmup occurs. Engine flare reaches

1800 rpm & then goes down when cold in winter then goes down as warmup commences. Normal operation as per I've determined or been told. Question in my mind is at this time how are pistons & rings doing as lubrication adequacy & method of lubrication being employed.Any other car I've had does not have the high flare as a Toyota at startup & how detrimental is it or is Toyota design still maintain that it has little effect on longevity?Time lapse to get oil pressure up & proper lubrication is the problem I'm having to wrestle with & question whether Toyota design is really ok because other manufacturers do not have excessive flare as they do.

TIA.

Reply to
The Donajkowski's