1998 Toyota Corolla ... 129K Miles

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Toyota Corolla ... 1998 Model.

Its a CE Sedan and has run 130K.

Can someone please advice me if I can buy this car or not ? Will there be a resale value for this car after 1 Year ?

Thanks, Dolly ...

Reply to
dolly.shaha

What's the asking price? That's always helpful.

I wouldn't pay $12,000 for it...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Whether you can buy this car or not depends on whether the present owner is willing to sell it and on whether or not you have the financial means to buy it.

If you are asking whether or not you should buy the car, it also depends on your financial situation, the transaction price, and the condition of the car.

There will be some resale value for this car after 1 year, assuming you own it 1 year from now. The amount of resale value will depend on the condition of the car and demand for the car 1 year from now.

Reply to
Ray O

Go to kbb.com, the site will ask you for car details like , year, model, mileage, etc and you can get an approximate value of the car. You then have an idea if your over paying or not. Play with it by putting a 1997 model (assuming 1 year from now) and see the difference in price, also any car would have a resale value, even if you donate your car to charity you get a tax deduction.

Reply to
EdV

Nobody in a NG can advice you to buy this car, or not, since they can not see or drive that car. To do that you will need to engage a combatant mechanic

As to the average retail price, NADA lists one at $3,775. To guess the value in one year, a '97 is listed at $3,250

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Hopefully, the combatant mechanic isn't armed when you engage him!

Mike, your spell-checker has a great sense of humor!

Reply to
Ray O

I've run into some competent mechanics, and some incompetent ones, but never one who wanted to fight me!

Reply to
mack