1998 Toyota Corolla question

Hi all!

I recently bought a 1998 Toyota Corolla CE. Its got some 73K miles on it. I bought it last October. Recently, a minor vibration/wobble has developed at speeds of around 30-35 mph. This does not happen when I am accelarating at that speed, but if I'm cruising at that speed, then it is noticable. Does this mean I need to get the wheels balanced?

Thanks in advance.

Bugs

Reply to
bugsrolla

You should start by making sure the tires are inflated properly, that there are no clumps of mud stuck to the wheels, that the lug nuts are tightened properly, and then get the wheels balanced.

Reply to
Ray O

Yes. Your best bet is to find a shop with a Hunter GSP9700 Road Force machine. It has the ability to determine whether the vibration is from a dynamic imbalance or a problem with the tire

Reply to
qslim