2000 Echo - the saga continues...

I took the car in to be 'diagnosed' today at Rick Hendrick Toyota, and the guy thinks the rear-end collision may have dismounted the transmission. He said that might be why we're getting that 'e-brake-pulling' sound when we move the shifter forward (It only happens when I'm idle, then put the car into park to ease up on my foot). The right rear brake light refuses to come on (I witnessed those ass-hats at Courtesy Collision replacing that light, so it's not just the bulb) He thinks it's a short somewhere. We're taking the car in on Wednesday for the re-work that CCP botched, and State Farm (The other guy's insurance) is paying for it, of course. That particular dealership rents out its own cars, so I'll just drive off with one of their

*Toyotas* - no fecking Focus, like last time!

I'll post again when the final work is done, but for right now, I'm a very happy customer. These guys actually seem to give a shit about their service! Here's hoping.

And I'd like to add (again) Stay the hell away from "Courtesy Collision Pro" in Orlando, FL!

Am I bitter? Oh, a tad

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Maybe you are on the track to get it fixed right Nat!.

At least the guy had insurance. And it sounds like State Farm is stepping up to the plate responsibly?

Here in the wonderful golden state, approximately 40% have no insurance. And probably a quarter have no or suspended license.

When there is a wreck, usually there is a foot race, if the bad guys car won't move. They just abandon it.

Lots of luck getting your uninsured motorist insurance to fix much for the low amounts they have on the policy.

Anyhow, sounds like you're on the right path this time.

Ron

Reply to
ron

FINALLY, yes

Absolutely - they've been flawless so far, something I will mention in my letter to Courtesy's parent company, and to State Farm (I'm suggesting they ditch Courtesy Collision Pro from their list of in-plan shops)

Yeah, that's why I have uninsured driver coverage. There will always be those trying to buck the system, who end up screwing everyone else over in the process.

LOL yup.

Well, we don't have luxury or any other type of expensive cars, so we'd be OK.

Does indeed

*keeping fingers crossed*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You better do some research of what is covered, by the uninsured motorist coverage, under your policy. It does not work the way you seem to think it does.

mike hunt

r>

Reply to
MelvinGibson