2001 Prism blowing smoke--what went wrong?

For the LONGEST time I was like you!!!!

after a NUMBER of Springs coming around and having a gummed up mower and edger....I've finally broken down and added it to all my toys....

Plus my generator has it.

Highly recommended.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I used to use Sta-Bil all the time, but I gave all of my flammables to my neighbor when we moved from Boston to Chicago, never got around to buying more.

Reply to
Ray O

Road Trip to Home Depot is in order....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Ah...OK. Since I park in a heated garage I don't have too much to worry about...that and a brand-new tank!

But my Corolla has been sitting in the yard for three years with a full tank!

Does that now qualify as an asset?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I was actually thinking about your heated garage while I was working on the Sequoia brakes.

BTW, I took apart the front brakes on the Avalon, freed up the caliper slides, ground off some rust on the rotors, put it back together in about an hour - even used a torque wrench!

3 years is a pretty long time for gas to sit around. I would add some Techron when you fire it up to prevent the varnish from gumming up the works, and next time, follow Scott's advice and add Sta-Bil ;-)
Reply to
Ray O

Problem is, it's too small! I want to knock one of the walls back to free some room, but it's a bearing wall! it has jacks, and those would have to stay in place. But it would give me some more room. Getting under the car is tough, but I can work on the front or the rear OK. I haven't even got room to get in there with a grinder to start repairing the door and fender!

I could in a pinch, but I WOULD be 'pinched'!

At this point in time, it's a write-off. Best thing (if I ever get to the damn thing!) is to just drain it and refill with fresh gas. If I ever get the car running again...

Reply to
Hachiroku

If the Supra is a tight fit, the Sequoia probably wouldn't fit.

I guess the solution is to get rid of all the junk in the garage! ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Um, you or *ME*?! ;) (Believe me, I'm working on it! See my next 'headered' post...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL! Probably BOTH of us!

Reply to
Ray O

try sea-foam. Does the same, but better. Also helps clean out everything in your fuel system.

Reply to
RT