2002 1MZ-FE (VVT-i) timing belt / water pump change

Hi guys,

Every tutorial on the web I see implies it's really easy to remove the wiring harness on top of the top timing belt cover (#3?) but I can't figure out how to do it.

How is it done?

Reply to
mrdarrett

harness on top of the top timing belt cover (#3?) but I can't figure out how to do it.

hopefully u got this figured by now? I honestly can't picture in my head how you are/were stuck.

(and my first thought "use your hands" seemed like a derisive response...)

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

wiring harness on top of the top timing belt cover (#3?) but I can't figure out how to do it.

I found a picture online eventually and got it. Got the water pump out too; I just have a mystery gold washer that fell out, not referred to in any diagram

Reply to
mrdarrett

That's a crush washer, like a gasket that probably goes over one of the bolts. Look for a weep hole or a place where water (coolant) could get by.

Reply to
Hachiroku ハチロク

See if it goes behind the tensioner on the pivot bolt. There's one on the 3400 truck engine, for sure, not sure on car v6.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Yup that's where it goes, thanks!