2002 Tacoma Doublecab woofer

Anybody done this? I just bought a sweet one with only 27K miles. I have a really nice stereo with Alpine 9853, ipod interface, Alpine Amps, It would look as though there is no place to put a sub in this truck. If anybody know about this, I would appreciate being educated.

Jerry

Reply to
jerryeveretts

Gosh, what a bummer. That means you won't be able to drive around playing that obnoxious "thumpa-thumpa" music and pissing people off.

People who do that should be incinerated in their vehicles with a well-placed RPG round.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

No room under the rear seats?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Not really, I find a nice quick "Fuck off" usually does the job much better, plus you can do it from anywhere in the world ;)

Reply to
jerryeveretts

none at all...

Reply to
jerryeveretts

Oh, yeah, that's right. They put those bins in there, didn't they? From what I remember of the Tacoma, my approach would be to either build or buy something that would fit into one of those bins. If you make a tight enough face that will fit the bin, and then port it somewhat properly, you will get some effective bass response out of it. I would take the lid off the bin behind the driver's seat.

One thing you need to understand about low frequencies: they are non-directional. You can place a bass speaker just about anywhere in a car and it will make no difference. It's kind of like a garden hose with a nozzle on it: the high frequencies are like the stream spray; wherever you point it is going to get wet and surrounding areas will stay drier. Bass is like having it set to shower; it may not be as hard hitting as the stream, but you cover a wider area.

Reply to
Hachiroku