Ipod my 1995 740i BMW???

I have purchased Ipod photo 60 GB and I am stuck with it now. I tried everything to connect to my factory stereo (premium sound with DSP), so I can have CD quality sound, but there is no hope. The only thing that I know, is that, FM modulator. I heard in my friend's car, and didn't like it. You can here static noise, some times(if anybody knows how to get clear sound without static, I would appreciate). Please, if somebody have a solution to connect direct to my factory stereo I would appreciate it very much.

Reply to
Gordan Vidic via CarKB.com

I good modulator should be static free. It won't sound as good as a line-in would, but maybe your only practical solution.

Reply to
JimV

A much simpler solution is a little unit that plugs in to the headphone socket on the iPod and looks (and interfaces) like a compact cassette. You pop it in press play on both and off you go.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

What about those adapters that have what appears to be a cassette tape on the end of a wire. I would thing that would provide an input that would not be limited by the FM bandwidth and should not add any hiss to the sound.

Just a thought...

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

There are some FM transmitters that actually go into the antennae cable. This way you get maximum coupling, the internal relay in the unit removes the antennae from the circuit so you get no external atmospherics.

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

They do hiss a bit -- just like tape quality is worse than CD quality, you're using the tape deck's pickup and it's not perfect. But, it's pretty good.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody

This may help.

Lamborghini

Have you tried just purchasing the ITRIP, maybe a slight bit of static, but I think it's great. For the most part, it's awesome quality, plus, you can use it on any stereo.

Reply to
Maria

How is any of that stuff going to help him with a 1995 740i?

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Thanks, but it's not for 1995 740i, only from 1999-2001

Reply to
Gordan Vidic via CarKB.com