2003 Corolla

How do I get into the dashboard to find a short in the backlight of the fan switch? It's OFF most of the time, but comes on occasionally. I'd appreciate any helpful comments.

Reply to
Phxbrd

I doubt if you have a short in the back light of the fan switch because a short would blow the fuse.

Most likely, you need a new bulb.

Pull the fan speed, temperature, and position knobs off, carefully pull the bezel off, replace the bulbs.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks, I'll try that. I tried a little to pull the knobs off, but they didn't move easily and I was afraid to pull too hard. I'll try pulling harder.

Reply to
Phxbrd

The knobs should pull straight out with just friction and the half-moon shape of the shaft that the knob turns on holding them in place.

Reply to
Ray O