2004 corolla s bad reception w/ aftermarket stereo

i recently purchased an aftermarket capable ipod stereo. after i installed the stereo into my corolla, my reception was not as good compared to the factory stereo that used to be installed in my corolla. does anyone know what could be the problem.

Reply to
lozadasean

Toyota radios are usually National(Panasonic), Fujitsu or (UGH) Delco if Canaidan made.

These radios usually have the tuning sections tweaked for good reception, esp with the measly antennas they are using now. Your aftermarket radio (you didn't mention the brand) may just not have a very good tuner.

Reply to
Hachiroku