2005 Sienna, creaking sounds from side-door area.

My 2005 Sienna with on 7k miles, is creaking when driving around town. The constant creaking at low and mid speed is driving me up the wall. I took it to dealer, and he lubricated all the rubber, and the latches and rollers, yet the creaking is still there. Dealer has no solution at this point. I just had the recall serviced as well.

Creaking seems to coincide with twisting or stopping forces on the body, (ie, over uneven road, or slowing down and uneven roadsuface).

Does any one else have this problem and possible solutions for stopping this noise?

ekk ekk ekk tekk,, tekk ekk,,,,,,,,ekkkekkekktektek,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, up the wall.

Reply to
Glowska

Has someone from the dealership heard the creaking sounds or are they attempting to cure the sounds without having heard them? If they have not gone on a road test with you, you should have them go along so they can hear the actual sounds you are complaining about.

If they have heard the sounds and cannot cure them, ask for an explanation in writing.

Reply to
Ray O

I, very occasionally have a clunk noise and only when going over a speed bump. I blame it on the tailpipe or springs. It's not a bother at all. My 04 Sienna is light years quieter than my 94 Caravan and the ride is equally better in the Sienna.

I'd press the dealer for a solution. This sounds like something wrong in the body or suspension. Keep after them or write to Toyota directly.

Good luck

Reply to
Dbu_^

Does the creaking come from inside the cabin or outside? If inside it could be body panels rubbing? If outside older Camrys had the creaking or otherwise noisy strut mounts. I thought they had fixed those by now. I don't know if Siennas could have inherited it by now.

Reply to
badgolferman

The strut mount noise that people complained of in some Camrys and Avalons was more of a rattle. The creaking from 1992-93 Camrys was the rear sway bar bushings.

Reply to
Ray O

I have creaking from the front struts of my 97 Camry when the weather is cooler. The dealer tried to lubricate them with a spray and it worked for a week or so and came back. Is that the strut mount or something else?

Reply to
badgolferman

I'd bet money on strut mounts. I had an '85 Camry, '99 RAV4L, and a Lexus RX300 and they all had the strut mount noise, that's worse when the weather is cold. I call it the achilles heal of Toyota.

Reply to
ravelation

I have similar noise with my 05 Sienna... Also, my left side speaker sounds really bad... I have to drive it to the dealer and have him look at it... everything else was fine

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Come to think of it, the strut mounts do often creak before they start rattling.

Ford dealers sell a suspension lube in a tube that works really well for rubber-on-rubber and rubber-to-metal squeaks and creaks.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
sluggo

Ok, yes the sound is interrmittent, once the door is opened and then shut, the creak is gone for 15 minutes of driving, but then returns.

I drove the Sienna until the creak ek ek tek tek ek ek started. Then stopped and got in the back without opening the side doors. Pulling probing and pushing , voila!, the sound was reproduced by moving the plastic inner door panel.

After coming home, I sprayed the contact edges of the inner door panel, with some "Rust Check" lubricant and rust preventer, taking care to protect the cloth areas. Seems like the sound is gone. I am hoping that the cure is permanent, and if not, I can now reproduce it at the dealer.

The Seinna is a pleasure to drive, with nimble handling, and lots of power. The power band on this 3.3L engine is always a joy to engage. The seats at front and center row are supportive yet comfortable. The front seats have manual height and tilt adjustments. The head rest is a bit to far forward for my liking. The stowaway rear seat is a bit stiff.

The ride is moderately stiff, yet absorbant of the larger bumps, and the small ruffle of road surface, with some buffeting by the moderate road surface variations. Some visibility problems with the smaller rear side windows-- lower car is not easily visible at the rear passenger side, yet this gives it the sporty stylish look.

The interior is very quiet, with enough engine purr to enjoy. The shifting is very smooth and hard to detect, with some run on, after a quick spurt.

The cruise and other controls are sensible and easy to operate. My CE is well equiped, with am/fm/caset/cd, cruise, tilt, rear air and heat, power windows and mirrors, radio controls on steering, shade mirrors, and good lighting, stow rear seats.

The center row seats are a bit finicky, heavy to remove, and can get stuck in the wrong position when replaced.

Would be nice to have auto lights, and temp gage, and tinted windows. The CE-8p gives some of these, and is a good package.

All in all, after my previous Caravan , and the the GM Savana, this vehicle is a joy that I can't leave alone.

Reply to
Glowska

Yes , the dealer had to do this on mine also, a 1" square stickum clear plastic at the switch stricker. (to prevent paintrubthrough and rust.) Didn't cure the creak though. Exactly, during accelerate and slow down.

I th>I have an 04 sienna and there was a defect in the sliding doors. The dealer

Reply to
Glowska

Reply to
Glowska

I have a 04 LE and it rides like a cloud compared to my old 94 Caravan. The Dodge road like a dump truck. yep very peppy indeed.

Reply to
Dbu_^

Reply to
sluggo

A year later, and that rust check lubricant still working, and no more ek, ek , tec, eks's.

Reply to
Glowska
1.5 yrs later , the creaking has returned over the months and is now from both sliding doors. Creaking when any stress put on the vehicle , such as accelerate, deceeleerate, over uneven road surface. I took it to service again. Now am booked for an adjustment of the the door latches. I sure hope this solves this noisy problem.

Does any>My 2005 Sienna with on 7k miles, is creaking when driving around town.

Reply to
Glowska

There is a service upgrade to the sliding door latch. Just a replacement part.

Are you sure it's not coming from the rear? The gas tank could be one place, or a rear spring.

If it's the sliding door I'd ask them to check for TSB no. NV001-06, Sliding Door Rattle. Depending on your VIN you may or may not need the upgraded part.

Good luck

Reply to
dbu