CD player goes off when engine turns off

U may have the wrong power wire hooked up.

It sounds like to me, you used the igition wire (from the car) for both the power wire and the ignition wire (on the CD side). It sounds like your CD deck is only recieveing power when the car is running. And then when you shut it off, it looses all power....so it looses all its pre-set memory. I bet if you cant get the CD to eject while the car is off...you probbly have NO electricty travelling into your deck since it only receives electricty if your ignition is turned on.

Check your wire Every time I turn the engine back on, I need to adjust again the audio settings (bass, treble, etc.) and the time. Yet I followed the instructions in the user guide. Please help. Thanks.

Denis

The OP didn't mention whether the CD player is OEM or aftermarket but it sounds like aftermarket. If that is the case, there should be 2 power leads to the deck: 1 that is always hot taken from a circuit like the dome light circuit so that the radio settings are retained and another one that is hot with the ignition switch in accessory position like the original radio or cigarette lighter circuit. The ignition circuit is not the proper one for audio installation.

Reply to
Ray O

The CD should not play when the key is off, but it should play when the key is on, whether or not the motor is running. The key has off, on, run, and start. Start is where the engine starts, run is where it runs, on is where the accessories operate, off is where nothing works. The radio should work in the on and the run positions.

[...]

J Strickland