2005 tacoma pricing

I'm getting bids of over $1000 over invioce, not to mention the dealer holdback of about 2% base msrp.

Toyota is not offering rebates on it so they must be selling fast.

Any tips on getting a better price?

I'm in the Houston Area.

Reply to
Mook Johnson

Actually Tacoma sales are down slightly compared to last year (see

).Tundra sales are way - but then they have rebates onTundras. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Maybe so, but Tacomas are a bit like Subarus, where they have vastly different regional appeal.

Both vehicles can be rare in one area, while another will have four in a row in a parking lot.

Reply to
B a r r y

I looked at Tacomas earlier this year. I liked the size. However, compared to Tundras they seem over priced. Not sure why. It does seem that all the compact trucks have grown to Dakota size (except the Ford Ranger). I am not sure why this is the case. Since Ford Ranger sales are down more than the competition, I suppose the other manufacturers know what they are doing, but it still seems that the newer "small" trucks are not small any more. Of course for me personally, this is fine. I need a new truck, and I think Rangers are too small and F150's are too big. I'll never buy another Chrysler product, so the Dakota is out. The GM mid sized trucks are mediocre at best and over priced, although recent price incentives have made them more attractive, but no 6 cylinder is a no-no to me. This leaves the newer Nissan Frontier and the Tacoma. The Frontier has a lot more power, but the Tacoma looks better and although I don't subscribe to the myth of Toyota quality, I do suspect the Toyota is a better built truck than the Frontier. Now if they price was just lower....

Ed

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

April 2005 was up over 10% from April '04.

The Tacoma was in short supply in the first quarter, possibly due to the new design. Maybe that's to blame?

Reply to
B a r r y