2006 Tundra

Hi Everyone,

I just bought an '06 Tundra, 4WD w/V8 and am getting fantastic gas mileage on regular gas. Around town, in traffic or on trips to and from wherever, I'm getting 17 mpg or better. On the highway, I'm getting 19-20 at 70 mph. Whenever I see another person with a Tundra even a few years old, I ask their gas mileage and they all say 13 - 15! Everyone I've seen with an '06, they are all getting excellent gas mileage.

What did Toyota do to get such great mileage in the '06s that seems to be missing in the '05s, '04s, '03s and even '02s? Or possibly some of you are getting numbers greater than these?

Just curious. This is my first Toyota truck and it is virtually trouble free! I bought it used as a certified vehicle with 7300 miles on it. I paid $29,000. Good price or what?

Thanks,

E Sowards

Reply to
Ernie Sowards

Just got back from a road trip with the wife and our 04 DC 2x4 v8 and we got

17.5 mpg at 80 plus mph. When wife was driving the speeds were lower ( approx 65 ) and we got 19 mpg.

Very happy with my Tundra.

Reply to
Bob Bitchin

In 2005, the Tundra's automatic transmission became a 5 speed transmission instead of a 4-speed. Also, driving styles, driving conditions, loads, etc. vary.

Reply to
Ray O

I have a 2002 Tundra 6 cylinder and get 22 mpg on the road, and it has done that since new and now has 121,000+ miles on it. When you have a V-8 and the weight of 4 wheel drive, your mileage is going to suffer. However, I am going to go to a 8 cylinder on the new Tundra, because it will hold it's value more at trade in time than my 6 cylinder will.

Reply to
Jim in South Florida

BBC Worldwide Topgear tries to kill a Toyota Truck....

part 1

part 2

EdV

BBC Worldwide Topgear tries to kill a Toyota Truck....

part 1

part 2

EdV

sorry wrong link, here's the right one

part 1

part 2
part 3

EdV

Those are the same links... where's part two?

Reply to
Dante

It seems that people are speechless...

Reply to