Best differential fluid for my new Tundra?

I have an '06 Tundra that I bought new that now has about 9k miles on it. Great truck, love it. I intend to change the differential fluids at 10k miles and am planning on switching to synthetic. I'm already using Mobil One engine oil. Anyway, is there a clear-cut "best" sythetic gear oil or should I just get some Mobil One and not worry?

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

I put Royal Purple Max Gear 75W90 in all the boxes on my 2000 3500

4x4, I would have used Mobil 1, but it wasn't rated high enough for the load.
Reply to
Joseph Myers

Mobil 1 gear oil is excellent as are many others. There are no load ratings published for gear oils except that they meet the GL-5 spec for hypoid gearing and that the viscosity is suitable. Royal Purple is good, but the company is terrible about distributing objective info about their products...find a product data sheet???

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton