2007 Camry rear wheel wells

Recently purchased first Toyota, my husband noticed that rear wheel wells are lined with material that appears to be the same as the trunk lining. He feels this won't hold up to the weather, can't understand why that material is there. We do plan on obtaining the mud guards but the entire well is lined with this "material" and we live in an area of salt and sand that forms large "globs" in the wheel wells.

Has this been on all the Camrys? Anyone have experience through several winters?

Thanks

Reply to
kdk

The 2007 Camry has the material in the fender wells for sound deadening, and it works pretty well as I had found out in my research and test drive in this car. >

hth

Reply to
justB.

You can try spraying it with pressurized water and it wont absorb as you think.

Reply to
EdV

Tell your husband not to worry, the stuff should hold up just fine, unless you hit it with a pressure washer.

Reply to
Ray O

A lot of people up north use a small pressure washer to clean their car including getting the salt and mud out of wheel wells.

Reply to
Art

I don't think those small electric pressure washers will harm the lining unless you hit it with the narrow spray directly. A gas-powered pressure washer will definitely remove the lining if you hit it directly.

Reply to
Ray O