2007 YARIS and OBD II

I bought new Yaris sedan few days ago. Yesterday I hooked it up to my KAL EQUIP OBD II code reader. Just for the hell of it. The scanner would repeatedly throw "reading error" message , regardless of "the engine on, ignition on" or "engine off, ignition on" situation. The reader works perfectly with my '03 Corolla and daughter's '02 Mazda Protege...... Any suggestions ? kd

Reply to
daszkiew2000

They may have started the phase in of CAN (controller area network) protocol. You will need a reader that is CAN compliant.

Reply to
user

Perhaps the OBD II reader can't handle the newer systems. Some of my older readers don't work on the latest models.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Buy a used '02 Mazda Protégé?

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff, are you asking if I'm selling Protege ? kd

Reply to
daszkiew2000

No, but if you buy another used '02 Mazda Protégé, you should be able to read the OBD II codes. That would solve the problem with not being able to read the OBD II codes.

Jeff

PS, it was a joke. ;-)

Reply to
Jeff

oooooh, ok - no i will flash my reader to CAN software compliance :) kd

Reply to
daszkiew2000