4Runner cup holder

I just bought a '98 4Runner and wondering if anyone knows about some after-market cup holder (other than the crappy one's that you get from Schucks).

Reply to
landguy

You can buy crappy cup holders from any number of auto accessory stores, Sears, Wal-Mart, K-mart, car washes, etc.

I am too cheap to buy even crappy cup holders plus they look cheezy in the Lexus and Squoia so I take my chances with holding scalding hot or freezing cold drinks in my crotch if they don't fit in the factory cup holders.

Reply to
Ray O

I keep two hands on the wheel and my eyes on the road. I don't drink ANYTHING or talk on a cell phone and drive. I am not a good enough driver to drink or talk on a cell phone and drive safely. . .

I also have another reason for no cupholders in my cars - no spilled drinks, sticky carpet, or strange smells from spilled milk (really nasty). We have to unstick a sliding door on our Sienna. My wife allows soft drinks in the van. The kids put them in the sliding doors- the ones with the label that says "NO SOFTDRINKS - WATER ONLY". You can feel the trail of dried softdrink "glue" leading down from the cupholder to the rubber seals. That door is "glued" shut now. When it is warmer I will clean it out. I should make the kids clean it out . . .

Reply to
ma_twain

Sorry, that was a poor attempt at a joke. I have no desire to inflict any damage or pain to the family jewels, even though I'm married and seem to have less use for them than I used to ;-)

Try silicone spray on the door seals, they will reduce the sticking and freezing in winter.

Reply to
Ray O

Sad, but it's the truth!!! It has been said the best birth control is children . . . Two kids are enough for me

The sticking and freezing is not due to water. It is due to the sugar syrup in the soda.

Reply to
ma_twain

The silicone spray should reduce but not entirely eliminate the sticking due to sugar syrup in the soda as well.

Reply to
Ray O