4Runner Starting Trouble?

I have a 1994 4runner, 4wd, manual trans with the 6cylinder engine. Lately I have been having some starting difficulty. If I leave the car for a few hours or overnight and then go to start it all I hear is one click from the solenoid and then nothing. The engine won't crank at all at first, but after one or two tries the engine will start normally. Also the problem has been getting worse. It used to start after 2 or 3 tries, but now it sometimes takes 5 or 6 tries before I can get the car started. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Anders

Reply to
Anders

Yep...almost for sure it's the contacts in the starter relay...this will only get worse till eventually you cannot get it started at all.

It's not a big job if you're reasonably handy with hand tools, you can get a kit from the dealer, ask for a 'starter relay contact kit'.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Reply to
Wolfgang