84 Corolla timing

Lost emission sticker on 84 Canadian Corolla. Can anyone tell me what the plug gap and ignition timing should be.

Reply to
Cosmopolite

Um, which engine? 4A-GE Timing ~8DBTDC

Reply to
Hachiroku

Right, forgot the most important piece of info. It's a 4A-C.

Reply to
Cosmopolite

I have an American (Federal) 1987 model with a 4A-C. My Haynes (1980-87 Corolla RWD models) manual lists 5 deg. BTDC and 0.044 in. gap. for the

4A-C, Canadian models included. (I've used both of these specs. with success.) Also, they list the plug type as ND W16EXR-U11 or equivalent. (ND = Nippon Denso[?]) My emissions label is faded and parts of it are hard to read, but I'll try to check it soon, and I'll post back here if there's anything to add. I need to get out there and work on the car anyway.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Bendzick

ND does mean Nippon Denso.