'89 toyota celica GT slips out of 5th gear when driving (when depressing the acceleratior

My celica slips out of 5th gear - I have a few leads - but wanted to hear from you guys. It slips out of gear when accelerating or going up an incline. Im told the trans axle is a hard repair - but then again it might be a simple common seal replacement - can anyone help? Firethorn AT sonic.net

Reply to
Firethorn

My celica slips out of 5th gear - I have a few leads - but wanted to hear from you guys. It slips out of gear when accelerating or going up an incline. Im told the trans axle is a hard repair - but then again it might be a simple common seal replacement - can anyone help? Firethorn AT sonic.net

Reply to
Firethorn

My celica slips out of 5th gear - I have a few leads - but wanted to hear from you guys. It slips out of gear when accelerating or going up an incline. Im told the trans axle is a hard repair - but then again it might be a simple common seal replacement - can anyone help? Firethorn AT sonic.net

Reply to
Firethorn

A transaxle repair is a only a little harder than a transmission-only repair. The condition is not caused by a simple common seal replacement.

Assuming that your shifter is properly adjusted and engine and transmission mounts are intact, the transmission needs to be opened up.

Reply to
Ray O

if it is sliping out of 5th gear then it is notting but your 5th gear sycromench in the gear box is worn or damage. i have just replace one last week. this is cause by low gear oil in the gear box.

Reply to
hassan25