93 Corolla 1.8 Valve Seals

My daughter's 93 Corolla 1.8 has about 150,000 and needs valve seals. Anyone know if they can be replaced without pulling the head.

Yes, they can. But you'll need a special tool or two.

Were it me, I'd pull the head and do it up right. Check the valves, replace or reseat. Check for warpage. Clean the oil paths. Replace the timing belt. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Yeah, you'll need a cylinder compression tester and compressed air. Just thread the compression tester hose in the sparkplug tube, but instead of attatching the guage, attatch an airhose with the correct fitting. That will keep the valves shut so you can remove the springs and keepers.

Qslim

Thanks Gary,

Gary L. Burnore wrote:

Thanks Qslim,