98 Corolla warm weather hard start

Help, My 98 Corolla does not like warm weather. Since last summer everytime the temperature goes up I have problems starting it. It does start finally but hesitates for a few mins and then runs fine. Dealer cannot find what is wrong with it, and the engine light always comes on when this problem starts. I live in Canada and in the coldest of months I have no problem starting the engine. HELP! anyone who has some info on this matter.

Reply to
Martin D'Souza

Help, My 98 Corolla does not like warm weather. Since last summer everytime the temperature goes up I have problems starting it. It does start finally but hesitates for a few mins and then runs fine. Dealer cannot find what is wrong with it, and the engine light always comes on when this problem starts. I live in Canada and in the coldest of months I have no problem starting the engine. HELP! anyone who has some info on this matter.

************* It gets warm in Canada?

If a check engine light comes on and the dealer cannot find the problem, I am guessing that either you are not going to a Toyota dealer or you are mistaking the normal light illumination when starting.

What do you mean by "problems starting it?" Does the engine crank slowly? Does it crank at normal spee dbut the engine does not start? Does the engine act like it is trying to start?

Reply to
Ray O

Help, My 98 Corolla does not like warm weather. Since last summer everytime the temperature goes up I have problems starting it. It does start finally but hesitates for a few mins and then runs fine. Dealer cannot find what is wrong with it, and the engine light always comes on when this problem starts. I live in Canada and in the coldest of months I have no problem starting the engine. HELP! anyone who has some info on this matter.

Reply to
griffin

Yes, those cars use a thermostat for the cooling system. There is no connection to the starting system other than to enrich the fuel mixture on cold starts.

Reply to
Ray O