About Hybrid Savings

Just thought I would throw in a little fact..... most states and I believe even the federal government give tax rebates for those who buy hybrids... My folks got a check for purchasing their Ford Escape and that came from the State of Texas.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

also, the less oil changes save right? tire rotations can be gotten for free...

I know my father says he can tell the savings he has had with his. That's all I can speak for.... he appreciates the vehicle.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Last I heard, the Fed tax break was being phased out - at least for the Prius; sales have been up. Yes, NYS (& I assume at least some others) also were giving tax incentives.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

If you are stuck paying the AMT federal tax the rebate vanishes. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Here's some info:

Jeff

Once a car maker has sold 60,000 hybrids, the tax break disappears, and that happened with Toyota a few years ago since almost half of all hybrid sales have been from Toyota. The Prius is even one of the top

10 models sold.
Reply to
rantonrave