Anyone installed a Curt trailer hitch on a Tacoma ?

Has anyone installed a Curt brand trailer hitch on a Tacoma ? This seems to be the best looking one in the under $ 200 price class. If so what do you think of them?

Also looking around for any other hitches, any recommendations ?

I doubt that I will ever haul anything larger than the lawn mower trailers, certainly nothing like a camper. The class 3 types seem to be about the same as the lesser classes price wise so I intend to get one rated for that class. I do know that I will have to get a ball to match the trailer, so will probably have to buy a seperate ball at a later date.

The Curt package for lights, hitch and ball is around $ 180 including shipping.

Ebay number EPID75284638

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Class III hitch for a lawn mower trailer? Must be some huge lawn mower.

The factory-installed hitch is Class II, and has a 2-inch receiver. The factory tow package includes wiring that can support electric trailer brakes.

Your plan will require an adaptor for the brake/turn lights.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The kit on ebay says it is rated for class 3. It includes the light adapter for brake/turn lights. I don't see anyting about it working the actual trailer brakes, which would not be on anything I might tow anyway. I doubt the little 4 cylinder would tow a real class 3 load anyway.

From the prices the class 3 seem about the same as the few class 2 that I see. There just seems to be lots of class 3 on ebay.

From what I read in my manual, a ball on the bumper will haul as much as I ever plan on hauling, but I am thinking about getting a hitch that attaches to the frame. It may help from messing up the tailgate if I miss the toung of a trailer.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery