Trailer Hitch

Hello All,

I want to install a class II hitch on my 01 Forester. Dealer wants almost $100 more for an OEM hitch as apposed to other hitches I've looked into like Curt, Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch... not to mention additional $$$ for the install.

For anyone who has a non-OEM hitch, which one did you go with and how do you like the finish/install. Any problems with wiring or any other aspect of the installation? What was the installation like - how long, difficulty, any special tools, one/two person job...?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Working at a subie dealership, I know they are expensive. But I also know the subie hitch fits. the stock exhaust system will not hit. all of the support parts will be installed. and best of all, when it gives you a noise, the dealership has to fix it. On the other hand, go hit junkyards up for a used oem hitch assy....

Reply to
StephenH

You could try to get your local dealer to match an on-line price from

(email Jamie there) or other online price. In addition to junkyards, I have bought 2-3 accessories for my 2 soobs off of ebay.

good luck!

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to