Avensis 2.0 sr 2000 model

The remote fob will not open the doors. I have replaced the battery but still no luck. Have just pot luck hit the unlock button and managed to disarm the alarm, but I am not stuck with having to use the key to unlock / lock the doors and not been able to use the key. Has anybody any answers.

Reply to
Ebo

We get so used to conveniences that it becomes a pain to have to do things for ourselves. My car is in the shop for service, and I did not get the remote for the loaner so I have to actually insert the key in the door lock to unlock the door, and I was thinking about how long it has been since I've had to unlock a door that way.

The inside of the buttons on the remote fob have a conductive coating that makes contact on the circuit board inside the fob. Use some rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab to clean up the contacts on the circuit board and on the conductive (black) coating on the inside of the buttons. If the battery has been dead for some time, you may have to have the vehicle re-programmed to the remote.

Reply to
Ray O