Be glad you own a Toyota!

: Ever noticed that Southerners are the last group it's socially : acceptable to stereotype?

Who else would you say it's still socially acceptable to stereotype, then?

You're obviously consumed with self-loathing.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Imagine how I must feel, as a black Georgia boy LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Is that why your net worth is only in the millions instead of in the trillions?

Reply to
Ray O

After the war and getting an education I was too busy working at bettering myself all my life. I guess I never had time to worry if I was being 'held back' by being black. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

To bad all of the people who are being "held back" for whatever reason, real or imagined, have not figured out that one can get ahead in life an education and hard work.

Reply to
Ray O

Wickeddoll

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Men :-) Seriously, though young black men are still portrayed as thugs in most movies/TV shows. There doesn't seem to be much protest, especially since every rapper with a tattoo thinks it's cool to be portrayed as such, even if they're from the suburbs.

Too late.

*fwap*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Another person who works for a living!!!! Heaven forbid, it might become contagious!

Reply to
Ray O

Fewer of us should be listening to Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton and more of us should start listening to Bill Cosby

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

source ?

Reply to
RT

Sorry I've been away.

Thank you!!!

Reply to
Viperkiller

Southern belles happen to be my favorite...especially if they have blue eyes.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I doubt if Natalie's eyes are blue. ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Hey Mike, would you care to explain to why GM cant build their Own Quality vehicles??? for instance taking the name tags off off a toyota corolla and slapping a stupid name like "prism" thats right!!! I also worked at a dealership & found some interesting facts. that GM bought into Toyota years ago & both the Toyota Corolla & the Chevy "Prism" come down the EXACT same assembly line. all they do is change the Toyota symbol to a chevy emblem.... but they cant mask the true quality under the hood cause it says Toyota on the starter,the alternator, all the relays.... I talked to several customers that thought they were buying a chevrolet "American" if you will. I told them nice try though.... look under the hood !!! You will Never!!! find a Toyota with a chevrolet drive train in it!!

Mike Hunter wrote:

Reply to
toyotafreak

dear on line friends, you should drive whatever works for you....Personally I havent found a domestic vehicle to withstand high rev. and the miracle mile. until I bought my first Toyota.. with just a shade over

100,000 miles which brings me to my next point..NONE of the "big 3 " offered an odometer with 6 digits. with those 3 . IF you got over 100,000 miles on it. you were considered having a new car. haha!! Honda, Toyota were the first to have a 6 digit odometer. why? to be different ? NO !! cause they believe in QUALITY!!! and they knew their cars would go well and beyond. back to my other story.

That first 86 4runner that I had made to 217,000 miles with NO major problems until some $#@%&*%&() turned in front of me at a trafiic light. I sent his piece of crap 94 ford ranger to the bone yard instantly. while my 86 runner left limping on three wheels, literally shaved the drivers axle & ripped ball joints out of the A- arms I hat the key & drove it off the road on three wheels!!! NOW thats TUFF!!!! I removed that engine put it in another 4runner & sold it.& the gentleman honked driving past my home for three years after he bought it~~~ I then bought another with yet just over 100,000 miles... drove that one until 266,000 miles 4 yrs ago & the gentleman that bought that one STILL owns it!!!!! NEED I SAY MORE??????

thanks for reading ~~ I am currently looking for a 91 toyota pickup cab to fix a roll over I aquired 4x4

02whiteLE wrote:
Reply to
toyotafreak

You mean like the Vibe and Matrix. Actually buyers know what they are buying that is why the Vibe outsells the Matrix by a wide margin. Smart buyers know they do not need to pay Toyotas dealers the premium prices they charge, when the same vehicle when equipped the same, is available at ones local Pontiac dealer for thousands less?

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Sorry, mine are brown...like my skin.

Ah do de-clay-ah

Natalie, who always thought Vivien Leigh's accent in Gone With The Wind was crap...like the rest of that hokey movie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hubby's are...does that count?

;-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

All that shows is by slapping a GM badge on a Toyota, you instantly reduce its value.

Don't you think those Pontiac dealers would charge more, if they could get it?

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

LOL!