Be glad you own a Toyota!

I suspect that hubby is not Viperkiller's type of Southern belle!

Reply to
Ray O

Heh...

Oh, come now. That was a pretty good flick for 1930-whatever.

My father is from the South, and he's one of those _defensive_ Southerners. He used to get pissed off at me when, as a kid, I'd do impressions of the TV commercials for Shake-n-Bake: "There's one fuh chicken, an' one fuh FIH-yish!"

"Southerners don't talk like that!" he'd yell. The hell they don't, I thought...

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

Not here in San Jose, it doesn't. Matrices are thick on the ground, but I very rarely see a Vibe. I think Toyota has a lot more cachet in Caifornia than any American brand. The situation is undoubtedly different in other parts of the country.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

California? The land of fruits and nuts. EVERYTHING is different in other parts of the country.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You must believe that paint sealant, mud guards, paint stripes and fair market adjustment actually adds $3,000 in value LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I dunno - he's very purty...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

What he said

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I guess, but it's downright painful for me to watch those profound stereotypes (Not just of blacks) - I realize it's the way it was at the time, but I'd rather not watch it. LOL I watch old movies all the time, but something about GWTW makes me hork. The accents are the worst part for me, though.

Sorry, dad, but the Shake 'n Bake accent was REAL. "And ahhhh halped!"

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Yup -- and California is the bellwether for the rest of the country. We're on the leading edge, culturally speaking, and most of what happens here will happen in your quaint li'l ol' backwater sooner or later.

I bet you wish _you_ lived here, just like most people who don't.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

If that were true GM would not be outselling Toyota more than three to one in the US. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Only in the states that vote for the Dims. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Ray's correct. My wife is more like my southern belle with blue eyes. With all respect to your hubby, Natalie.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I have brown eyes and brown hair. Does that count?

Reply to
Viperkiller

Viperkiller trolled:

Who gives a damn about her accent? Vivien Leigh is one all-time piece of ass.

cordially, as always,

rm

Reply to
Realto Margarino

"Viperkiller" :

He's not a southerner, either, so two strikes...

:)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Works for me

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You're so deep

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Sounded almost exactly like my second cousins down in Mississippi.. . . . Looked kinda like one of them, too . . . .

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

Well we didn't say everyone in the US was smart, now, did we? They did vote for that yahoo from Arkansas for President twice, after which I was ashamed for my country for 8 years. . . .

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

I never understood WTF the attraction to that POS movie was.

-LMB

The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Reply to
Louis M. Brown