HELP Please Previa 1992

Two questions:

1) I noticed burning smell on the right side of my 1992 Previa. I took it to the Toyota Dealer and they said stereo amplifier is burned. They removed it. And its very costly. Van was fine for two days. Then what happened is that somehow battery got completely discharged overnight and I have to jump start it. This happened consistently for one week. Took it back again to the dealer. He said battery has become old and you better get it changed. Got the new one installed. And next morning same thing happened. Took again to dealer. He said that nut on the side the negative end of the battery was loose. They tightened it and everything seems was fine for few days but again whole battery got discharged. I do not know what is happening. I suspect short circuit somewhere but where? Could someone explain what is going on.

2) In the meantime as I thought everything is fine I purchased toyota amplifier part no. 86280-95D00 on ebay for reasonably good price. That guy claimed it can be used on previas between 1991-1996 but when I enquired with toyota dealer for the amplifier for 1992 previa they said that the part no. is

86280-28040. They said this part no. can be used for 1992-1994 previas. And 86280-95D00 is for 1991 Previa. My question is can I use 86280-95D00 for my 1992 Preiva as claimed by the seller. Or I got ripped of.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Reply to
Albela

The burning smell you experienced may have melted some insulation on a wire, causing a slow discharge. Someone familiar with an electrical system will need an ammeter to see which circuit is discharging. Another possibility is that the alternator is not charging. Again, a competent shop can diagnose this.

Sorry, can't help you with the amplifier. The only way to tell if it might work is if the old amp wiring harness plugs into the replacement amp.

Reply to
Ray O

Pretty bad that the dealership did not realize this right off the bat, either they are not competent to work on your car or they are trying to take you for every cent they can.

Reply to
Josh

Take a look at :

will find lot of previa owners, maybe they can help. "Albela" a écrit dans le message de news: xtn3e.58$Iq6.28@okepread01...