best DIY car book for '92 / '04 Corolla

I've got a 4 cyl automatic '92 Corolla and 4 cyl automatic '04 Corolla and I just want to do some basic DIY maintenance on them. I'm looking for a well pictured book for each to show where things are, so I can do the basic maintenance. Any advice which books are best for a non-pro ? And if you have a URL for them please include it in your reply. thanks.

Reply to
Rob

Personally I've always like the haynes books, they don't take your experience level for granted and add more photos than the chiltons.

hth,

tom @

The Real Tom

Usually, the service manuals sold at the new car dealers are the best, although they are may be less expensive from sources other than the car dealers. No idea who Toyota gets to publish them, although Helm (

) does GM (they offer a service manual forthe 1992 Chevrolet Geo Prizm which is a rebadge twin of your 1992Corolla). Somewhere, I read that Toyota may have a web subscriptionservice where service manuals can be downloaded.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

Without a doubt, you want Max Ellery's book for your 1992 auto. It is available on Amazon (hate to plug it, but it has the best price) for about $14 USD. Look for ISBN

0646120808.

doug

Reply to
doug