blower moter doesn't come on

where is the blower motor motor resister on my 1986 toyota carolla and what does it look like. my fan stopped working with no warning signs whatsoever and the chilton manual i have does not show a picture of the resister.

-- Message posted using

information at

docloco

If the blower does not run at any of the speeds, it may not be the resistor but rather a fuse. And that usually means that the motor is bad, or needs new brushes, or at least that it needs a good cleaning and greasing where appropriate. Normally the resistor assembly sits in the blower housing, on a small bolted flange with electrical connector. A broken resistor filament may be repaired by clamping a small metal tube connector over the break, common soldering may not stick or stand the heat.

Asbjørn

Reply to
Asbjørn

Does it work in "high"? If it does not, it probably is something other than the resistor. Like Asbjørn said, it's probably the motor, fuse, switch, or wiring.

Reply to
user