Brake Light - '98 Avalon

The Brake light was intermittant.

Manual sez brake fluid or parking brake.

I set the parking brake - no Brake light.

I have the car serviced by a Toy dealer. I assume they check fluid.

Brake light still intermittant.

Now Brake light is on allatime.

82000 miles, brakes work fine, never needed fixing.

Weather is very cold - 10 below.

????

tia

Reply to
Philip K. Dunn

don't assume some one else checked the brake fluid level. check it yourself, or if it's too hard for you to do that, go back to the dealer.

Reply to
: P

An intermittent brake warning light almost always means low brake fluid level, and low brake fluid level is usually due to worn brake linings. Open the hood and look at the brake fluid level in the reservoir in front of the driver. If it is at or near the "min" mark, the brakes are worn.

Reply to
Ray O