Buying Toyota Canada

I was just out looking at a new Toyota on the weekend. The salesman there was telling me that you can't bargain with them anymore (at least in Canada).

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this? Is it true that you have to pay the sticker, or is it possible to bargain in some way to get a better price on a new Toyota.

Thanks in advance.

--Mark

Reply to
Mark

I recommend that you visit another dealership that is willing to negotiate.

Reply to
Ray O

Never believe what the sales person says. I got $1500 off the base sticker price for an automatic 4 cylinder SE.

And I am not sure that I could not have gotten a even better price.

Reply to
pjp

In IMHO, you can usually deal best towards the end of a model year. Especially if the new model will be redesigned. But, darned hard to get a real good price the first few months of a new model (unless its a dog).

You can come pretty close by checking going prices on Kelly or Edmunds.

It is not easy to get much break on popular Toyota models has been my experience. Ron

Reply to
ron