CAN SOMEONE HELP

I HAVE A 89 TOYOTA COROLLA SR5 IT JUST STARTED MAKING A TICKING NOISE FROM THE VALVE COVER CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WHAT IT COULD BE????????? SOMEONE TOLD ME IT WAS THE CAMSHAFT BUT THE CAR STILL RUNS

Reply to
SMILEY

How can you hear the ticking noise with all this SHOUTING you're doing?

Reply to
badgolferman

It is not necessary to have your caps lock on to convey your message. In fact, proper capitalization, punctuation, and spacing make your message easier to understand.

It is difficult to determine what is causing a sound without actually hearing the sound. Ticking sounds from under the valve cover are generally caused by improper valve adjustment, but a bad camshaft or bearings could also make some noise, and that car is not known for bad camshafts or bearings unless the vehicle was not properly maintained.

I recommend that you have the car taken to a competent technician for diagnosis.

Reply to
Ray O