Car stereo wiring

So I m trying to hook up this car indash stereo in my CAMRY LE. It seems that the yellow cable (memory) is getting power but the red cable (power). Can anybody suggest what could be the problem and how to resolve that.

Reply to
Nick

If you know how to read and use an electrical wiring diagram, go to

and use the link for your car.

If you do not know how to read and use an EWD, get a volt meter or 12 volt test light. The test light will work for your purposes but a volt/ohm meter is much more useful and can be purchased at Radio Shack, hardware stores, or auto parts stores for under $40.

Use the volt meter or test light to find which terminal on the old radio connector has power when the ignition switch is in the accessory or on position and no power when the switch is off. Connect that terminal to the switched power lead for the replacement radio. Assuming it takes 2 seconds to test each terminal, you should be able to find which terminal/wire is switched in under a minute.

Reply to
Ray O