Cargo Restraint for '04 Sienna...?

Hello again,

I thank you for your comments...

First off, when I used the term "nylon net" I was intending something on the order of a cargo net.

I've been making outdoor equipment for well over 40 years and really do understand something of the strength needs. 'Sorry if I contributed to any confusion.

Next, the main difficulty is not the bottom tie down location as there are available very appropriate points that hold the seat latches.

The problem is the top.

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

Hi Ray,

Now that one caught my attention...

Is that actually true?

Very sincere thanks,

Reply to
Kenneth

Hi Ray,

YES...! That may be a very useful link.

Will do..., another good suggestion.

As before, please accept my thanks,

Reply to
Kenneth

Hi again Ray,

Unfortunately, that outfit does not make anything to fit the Sienna. I will continue to check other similar companies though.

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

Let me re-state that a little more clearly: These hitch-mount systems from Thule do not add a lot of aerodynamic drag like the box on the roof does:

We have one of those Thule aerodynamic roof boxes, and they have much less drag than the old clamshell type boxes, but they still add some drag. The drag is not very noticeable on our V8-powered Sequoia, unlike the clamshell type was on our 4 cylinder Previa, where the car had trouble making 75 MPH with the box on top!

Reply to
Ray O

You're welcome! Please share your solution when you have one.

Reply to
Ray O

Hi Ray,

Nothing yet, but I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Reply to
Kenneth

Tried this link - only sent me in a circle with lots of questions and no answers.

Reply to
mike

Then, just go to the main page and start from scratch. It'll walk you through some questions about your vehicle, and then show you list of various cargo carrier options. If you tell it you want a rooftop deal, and none exists, you won't see any. Start over and tell it you want the trailer hitch option.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Your best bet is probably to go to

and walk through the options for a roof mounted box and hitch mounted cargo systems.

Reply to
Ray O