Changing a wing mirror on a 1998 Hiace

I've just got a new wing mirror for my hiace van but not sure how to remove the inside of the passenger door so I can reach the fixings for the wing mirror. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

Reply to
edbayliss

I'm not sure about the HIAce (not sold in US) but, in general to remove a door in a Toyota you have to remove the screws in the bottom of the arm rest, perhaps a screw in the well where you put your fingers when closing the door, a screw behind the door release handle, and perhaps some along the bottom of the door panel. If there is a window handle, remove it by placing a rag around it (push in the panel, put the rag around the shaft and work the rag back and forth until you hear the clip go PLING! (eye protection is a good idea!))

There isn't an access panel above the door panel the just remove to provide access to the mirror screws? This just generally pops off!

Once you have undone all the screws for the door panel, pop the door panel off by GENTLY tugging from the bottom, up the sides, and tilt the bottom out and lift. If there is any more resistance, look for more screws. They may have round plastic covers over them.

Reply to
Hachiroku