Renault Clio Wing Mirror

Hi,

I went into my car the other day and discovered that soomeone had removed the mirror from the passenger side wing mirror.

There doesn't look as if there is a problem with the plastic casing that should house the mirror. The thing I would like to know is how easy is to fit a new mirror? Is it just a case of buying a new mirror and slotting it in or do I need a whole new unit.

Anyone with any experience in this your tips would be appreciated.

Cheers, SG

Reply to
Scott G

Well if this is a Clio 11, then I did mine last Sat. I had the old mirror which just fell out. There's a plastic moulding which holds the actual mirror glass and which clips into the mirror housing. I removed the broken glass from the moulding and also using a hairdryer removed the sticky foam fixing holding the glass in. I then bought a replacement glass mirror from our local car parts shop for £8.99p. This comes with a large foam sticky pad already attached to it. Just a case of peeling off the backing paper and sticking the glass onto the moulding. Then its a press fit into the main housing. Your prob, it would appear is you don't have the back plastic moulding.

HTH

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Thanks Dave, it is a mark 2 clio. The casing looks as if it is fine so it should just be a case of sticking the (new) mirror back in.

Cheers

Reply to
Scott G