Check Engine Light-Update

I posted about this two weeks ago - so just to refresh: I have 2002 Corolla. Back in August the check engine light came on and when I took it in the dealer could find no cause. End of Sept., same thing. End of Oct., I took it to independent station and the owner gave me a copy of the notice Toyota sent out in 2003 saying the 2002 cars might have this particular problem. So, I went back to the dealer because the part was supposed to still be under warranty.....Toyota had extended it for this problem. This time the dealer ordered the part.

Nov. 15 I took my car in and they fixed it free: The invoice says: A Install SOP VVTI Controller Cause: Def in Controller

Last week someone from Toyota called - they were doing a survey and wanted to know about my last visit to Toyota. I told the girl I wasn't happy and I wasn't sure I would go back. The next day the customer service rep called. We talked and she said she would try to get back all or part of the money I paid the independent station. I mailed her a copy of the invoice and will see what happens now.

Thank all of you who were so kind and patient, offering advice.

Reply to
Dorot29701