climate control unit

Hi,

I have a 2000 Solara and the the button on the climate control unit doesn't work. I turn the button but nothing happens so I'm stuck with "cold". Great for those ski trips I have planned...If I press the button the display still toggles between inside and outside temperature. All other buttons work fine. Replacing the climate control unit is about 850USD at the local Toyota dealers.

I have found a used unit for 100 USD and but I'm stuck. I can't get the old unit out... Does anyone now how to remove the climate control unit from the central console?

/jan

Reply to
jansve

Try these instructions for removing the bezel surrounding the audio and climate control modules:

If the link doesn't work, go to
click on the "VSM" link, look up your model and model year vehicle, and click on the part number for the mount. You will get the instructions for your vehicle.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O