"Cockroach" infestation in New England! :)

We went up to New Hampshire (our old home of 10 years) to see old friends/coworkers, etc. On highway 91 from Massachusetts through Vermont, I never saw so many Priuses! I lost count at about 30 - I'm not kidding.

I saw a huge variety of colors, even a couple of them had those annoying blue-colored headlights.

I wasn't surprised to see them in Vermont (a lot of eco-friendly folks there), but Massachusetts and New Hampshire gave Vermont a run for its green...

Not that there's anything wrong with that; so relax, Mark Digital.

;-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

It's a feel-good auto. I see a few around here also. I'm happy they're happy. I'm happy they think they are saving the world from......CLIMATE CHANGE.....whoops, I ment GLOBAL WARMING :)

Reply to
dbu`

"dbu`" ...

Hey, whatever floats their boats. The problem is that many Prius owners also own gas-guzzlers.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

This is what we are all up against. How to get rid of the gas-guzzlers. It's a love-hate affair :)

Reply to
dbu`

New Englanders have such good taste. ;-)

Now those high intensity blue headlights - those I *hate*.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"dbu`" ...

I'm very paranoid about driving large vehicles. I'll see if my comfort level changes when I'm really old...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Considering they're getting ~45 mpg or better, in a comfortable car, which also has super-low emissions, I can see why they're happy.

I'm happy they think they are saving the world from......CLIMATE

Well, at least they're doing less damage to the atmosphere than many others are. Add up the little things & eventually you get the big stuff.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Even my conventional Dodge, 1994 Caravan registered almost zero during the yearly emissions tests for license renewal. If you want the numbers I'll have to go into my achives and dig out the files. I'm happy for those pirus owners anyway.

Reply to
dbu`

Not that bad. I have a 04 Sienna and it drives like a sports car. I have more reservations about driving a little car where all the others are looking down at me if you know what I mean. It's rather discomforting to know most of the other vehicles around you could smash that little car into flat sheet metal with me in it. If we all drove the same sized car then it would be ok. Maybe billary if she gets elected will FORCE us to change :)

Reply to
dbu`

but but but they are off setting the cost...

haha, just kidding... I am an environmentalist... but have to laugh at the hypocrisy of many fellow environmentalist..

like Al Gore the 3rd going 100 in a Prius with many toxic medications for sell

Reply to
GoMavs

A minivan - albeit a nice minivan - drives like a *sports car*?! Uh-huh.... ;-)

Cathy

Cathy F.

Well, if they're going to have two cars anyway, it's better that one is a Prius, vs. 2 gas-guzzlers.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

That's like being on a diet and having a slim fast shake for breakfast, a slim fast shake for lunch, and a large pizza for dinner.

Reply to
GoMavs

So... you think that if they have one gas guzzler, they may as well have two, instead of one car being more economical? Might as well go for broke, huh? Sigh....

Cahty

Reply to
Cathy F.

I think if you are going to be an energy efficient person then you should be. Owning two cars is not energy efficient. The making of a car is one of the most toxic parts.

Reply to
GoMavs

If the household has more than one person, owning one car may not be much of an option, depending on locale.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

If the household believes in being energy efficient then they need to own energy efficient cars or risk being called hypocrites.

Reply to
GoMavs

It might be a good thing; they keep the gas-guzzler and it stays off the road. If they sell it to someone else, it might see a lot of use.

Even if you don't think AGW is real, the lowered demand for gas helps (however slightly) to keep energy prices down.

Reply to
dh

When I saw the subject line I thought you were referring to their politicians.

Reply to
badgolferman

"GoMavs"

I agree - have *2* green vehicles, and stop pretending you give a shit about the environment.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®