Corolla 94/98 spacesaver spare

Can anyone tell me if the spacesaver spare from a 94 Corolla will fit a 98 Corolla? My son had his Corolla broken into and, of all things, they took the spare. I have a friend who has the 94 spare but I'm not where I can check the fit.

Thanks, Harry

Reply to
JohnHenry

They also sometimes take the battery. In a few days or weeks, they break in and take a new one. That's how you get a new battery for free!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I think that they are the same four bolt pattern. You could have your friend measure diagonally center to center of bolt hole and see if that matches your pattern. Ray will know for sure. A major change came in

2003 when they went to the five bolt pattern.
Reply to
user

Sorry, I don't know the answer. Ask your local Toyota dealer if the part numbers for the space saver spares are the same.

Reply to
Ray O

What is this world coming too when someone breaks into a car and steals the spare tire? Was it made of gold?

Reply to
mrsteveo

Because they need the tire and rim, of course - they stole another Corolla that had $5,000 worth of 20" rims and 20-series tires on it and a killer stereo system, they just got done stripping all the goodies off it, and they need to put the stolen spare rims on it so they can drive it somewhere far away and abandon what's left.

The longer they keep the stolen car in their garage, the higher the odds that an observant cop or LoJack might catch them. Or worse, a member of the rival gang across town they stole the car from...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman