Corolla vs. GEO

I have heard the toyota made the running gear for geo for a few years. Does anybody know what years? I would like to buy a used Corolla but thought I could get more for my money if I bought a Geo. Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul Dokken

So was there any years the Geo used the 1.8L engine? I was looing into buying a 98 to 02 Corolla.

Reply to
Vince C

Don't know about 98 to 02, but my 95 Prizm has the 1.8L engine.

Reply to
Truckdude

The Geos were available with the 1.6 or the 1.8. I was surprised to find this out. I guess you have to look for an ?LSi to get the 1.8L

Reply to
hachiroku

In '95 the LSI model Prizm had the 1.8L with 4 spd Auto --- regular model had the 1.6 with 3 spd Auto --- of course a 5spd manual was available too.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Yep, its an LSi. Power windows and mirrors, alloy wheels, and full leather. Still running good with almost 190,000 miles on it.

Reply to
Truckdude