Daytime Runnig LIghts.

I got into the habit of looking at peoples faces. You can tell a lot by what they are doing an looking at. Motorcycle operators have to drive defense to stay alive.

Reply to
"Dbu''

That may be true in your small world but the NHTSA says the CV is the safest car on the road in rear collisions and they have the test result to prove it, to the distain of the shark lawyers ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Obviously you have never been a biker LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I coulda sworn "badgolferman" typ'd:

ALL motorcycle lights? Day or night? I've noticed some that are a problem, but likely that's because they're mis-adjusted. My modulated headlight is adjusted properly and it is more visible, but not offensive. It does NOT modulate at night (that's built into the modulator) so that's not an issue.

That is not borne out by the facts. MOST collisions, by a large margin, between motorcycles and other vehicles happen because the driver of the other vehicle turned in front of the motorcycle when the motorcyclist should have had the right-of-way. "I didn't see him!" is the usual explanation.

Lighting system changes on the sides and back would do little or nothing to change visibility from the front. Headlight modulators do. Given that there are many more DRLs in the traffic mix, the only way to make a motorcycle stand out is modulating the headlight.

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

I coulda sworn "\"Dbu''" typ'd:

BAD idea. Looking a driver in the eye is often interpreted as giving them the right-of-way. And what you see is subject to misinterpretation.

Instead,look at what the tires are doing; they will ALWAYS show what is happening. (Before "spinners" became popular I'd say "look at the wheels" but now you need to focus on the tire itself . . . .)

AGREED -- 100% -- ALL the time EVERY ride.

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

I coulda sworn "Sharx35" typ'd:

A little defensive here, aren't we? See that little word "if" in my statement? Now reread it and see IF it applies to you . . . .

ABSOLUTELY!

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

For a pair of those two or three trumpet FIAMMs we're talking about, a one gallon pressurized air reservoir would be quite adequate.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

They couldn't see me because I always used a face shield or sun glasses. I gave up motorcycles years ago. I rode a lot back then. My longest trip was to Jasper in Alberta from MSP Mn. in 1977, it was a fun trip and I rode back though BC, Mt and the Bear tooth pass, then over the old route Big Horn Mts, (switch backs) . Two weeks of bliss. Camped out every night. Had a good time in Montana at a out of the way place just outside of Red Lodge, WoooHOO. Best breakfast I ever had was in another little cow town somewhere in Montana.

You can read a lot by peoples faces. I was always able to tell if they seen me or not. I was ready and I knew what my bike would do if I had to slam on the brakes. Me and my bike were one. I sold it back in the mid eighties. I wouldn't want to try it again, the reflexes aren't like they were. BTW, I rode quite a bit late at night on long trips, that's another story, but nothing like it. To have the warm summer night, stars above and the wind whistling by......

Reply to
"Dbu''

Sharx is not a rider. Sharx wears leather gloves to save his knuckles when he ambulates.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

GOOD idea and well practiced by seasoned riders. He didn't say he was making eye contact ... which is what you inferred.

snip

Oh so .... with the car tires going straight down the road, our biker should ignore the driver who is looking everywhere but straight ahead? Not on this planet.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

You know how 'safe' those Combustible Vics are ... how come you don't drive one? Not high zoot enough? LOL

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

Sharx is still riding the bus.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

I know that my pastor was broad-sided by dump truck at an intersection and walked away with a broken arm. The EMTs had to use the Jaws of Life to get him out. He went out and bought another Ford Crown Victoria.

Reply to
badgolferman

Allow me to clue you. MikeHunt has a LONG and dubious history of defending anything Ford has ever done wrong. His aligence is pathalogical. So when the Crown Vic fires and lawsuites by police agencies was going, he lost sleep memorizing Ford Party lines to protect his love. ;^) So I just tellin' you that we're just havin' fun.

-Philip

Reply to
Philip

"Sharx35" wrote: >

I'm with you here Sharx...Christ, with so many things lurking around every corner just waiting to zap you why wouldn't one stack the deck in his own favour as much as possible?. You big brawny he men can pound your chests and drive beltless (etc) and about all I can promise you is that I won't sneer down at you as you lie (very quietly) in your coffin there.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

...unless you install a semi truck's air horn of course...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

THAT last remark is just so much bullshit. Judging by the epidemic of dysfunctional little bastards running around, parenthood should be LICENSED. It is far more important than driving, which DOES require a license and, yes, dysfunctional children CAN and DO kill.

Reply to
Sharx35
Reply to
Charles Pisano
Reply to
Charles Pisano

I don't know about any other Toyota. I found out about the Sienna on the

"Dbu''